Sales Manager – Varsteel Ltd., Delta BC
Varsteel Ltd. is a full line steel line distribution service centre in Western Canada. We’re seeking a Sales Manager to lead the sales team at our Delta (Tilbury Park) branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, this key role oversees all sales activities including contracts and direct sales; customer and vendor relationships; sales material development; and participation in industry events / exhibits. If you’re customer-service driven with strong leadership skills and knowledge of the steel industry (or related manufacturing sector), we’d love to hear from you!
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Sales Manager leads all efforts related to the branch’s sales function, in the primary area of sales process and workflow, marketing, reports, and team leadership. Main areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Manage sales efforts by team members, with direct involvement as required in sales calls, contract negotiation and monitoring
- Primary sales contact for major accounts and special circumstances Business Development
- Lead business development activities through both direct contact and delegation
- Develop and coordinate production of sales materials, exhibit displays, and promotional programs
- Research and participate actively in industry-related conferences, meetings, and exhibits; and other promotional opportunities at a local and regional level
- Supervise sales team related to workload and output, adherence to policy and procedures, work schedules, communication with internal employees and external stakeholders / customers
- Review and report on sales registers, open order reports, budget and expenditures
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- Post-secondary education in business, sales, or related area (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing a small team
- 5+ years’ sales experience in a manufacturing, construction, or related industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization, from unionized shop employees to service providers to executive leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to develop detailed sales reports, lead meetings, conduct sales calls, and coach team members through direct conversation
- Average user of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, with ability to learn new technology as required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle; available for occasional travel in Western Canada/U.S.A.
About Varsteel Ltd.
The Varsteel group of companies have over 60 years of supply and services experience, and 30+ locations across Western Canada. We strive to provide the most responsive, dependable steel service in Western Canada and the United States. As an emerging leader in value-added steel products, we are committed to matching steady growth with awareness of our individual customers’ changing needs.